Eyelash Extension Application Course
Styling and Mapping
In my opinion as an experienced instructor, I don't recommend brand new lash artists get overly consumed with lash mapping but it is important to have a basic understanding of it. The more you continue to practice lash extensions, the more important lash mapping/styling will become.
Ever see those pictures a lash artist posts and wonder what all of the numbers on the lash pad are? This is a process that lash artists use to keep both of their eyes completely even, called lash mapping.
In this picture, the numbers on the lash pads are the lengths that should be used in that section to create your clients desired look.
Lash mapping is great for beginners because it is so easy to do.
1. With the client’s eyes open, determine eye shape.
2. Ask the client what kind of look she/he is going for. Download this guide to visually show your client.
3. After talking to your client about what shape she would like, simply write the numbers of the lengths you want to use on your lash pad with any marker or pen.
4. Once you apply the under eye pad, apply the lash map sticker on top of the eye pad.
5. Start lashing! This process makes applying a full set of lashes a breeze because the hard work is done for you!
Each of these steps is broken-out into further detail below...
1. DETERMINE EYE SHAPE
2. TALK TO CLIENT ABOUT DESIRED LOOK
3. WRITE THE NUMBERS ON YOUR LASH STICKERS
Adjust the numbers up and down in proportion according to your client's desired maximum length. The numbers represent the lash extension length.
4. APPLY STICKER OVER EYE PAD
Answer the questions below and then check your answers by clicking the down arrow next to it. Just a reminder...there is a final exam at the end of this course and in order to receive your certificate, you will need to pass it. Re-watch the video and re-read the information above if you didn't pass the quiz below.
Q1: How many phases of the lash hair growth cycle are there?Three
Q2: What is the first phase of the lash hair growth cycle?Anagen
Q3: What is the second phase of the lash hair growth cycle?catagen
Q4: What is the third phase of the lash hair growth cycle?telogen
Q6: What soft skill is most important to being a great lash artist?Clear and well-informed communication skills! Lash artists who are well-educated in everything they could possibly know about lash lifts/perms and who can clearly and kindly communicate with clients, will have a better chance of having a strong client base.